Table of Contents
What Is JEE Main ?
Basically JEE Main is an national level engineering exam. NRIs and Indian students both can take the JEE exam in order to take admission in prestigious engineering and architecture colleges in India. JEE Main will have three papers.
Paper 1 is for students planning to take B.Tech courses,
Paper 2A is for B.Arch programmes, and Paper 2B is for B.Planning courses. For the upcoming 2021 exam, NTA has introduced a new exam pattern.
Can NRIs Students Take The JEE Exam ?
Yes, NRIs students can also take the JEE Main exam. They also have special NRI quota in of 15% of total seats in India’s prestigious colleges, NRI quota also known as DASA / CIWG Quota. Every year more than 2 lacs NRIs students take the JEE main.
When JEE Main Exam Is Conducted ?
This time, JEE Main (Paper 1) will be held in four sessions: February, March, April, and May. However, B. Arch and B. Planning papers (papers 2A and 2B) will only be offered twice a year, in February and May of 2021. More information is provided below.
What is JEE Main Eligibility Criteria ?
The JEE Main eligibility criteria summaries all of the terms and conditions that candidates must meet in order to be considered for the exam. As a result, in order to avoid rejection at a later stage, students should read and understand the eligibility criteria before registering for the exam.
We’ve highlighted a few of the most important ones below.
Age Limits: There are no age restrictions for candidates who wish to sit for the JEE Main exams. Candidates should keep in mind, however, that the IITs have the authority to set age requirements for admission. The information is typically published in the JEE Main 2021 Information Brochure.
Qualifying Exam: Class 12th or any equivalent exam such as a two-year Pre-University exam, Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy exam, senior secondary school examination, Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination, Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination, a diploma recognised by AICTE.
Criteria For admissions in NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs: Criteria for admission to NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs: The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 75% in their class 12 board exams or be in the top 20% of their respective boards. The minimum percentage required for admission to NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs for reserved category candidates is 65 percent.
Qualifying Marks: There is no minimum pass percentage required to take the JEE Main exam. Applicants must, however, have passed their class 12 or other equivalent examinations.
What is the reservation criteria in JEE Main ?
For admissions through JEE Main, the examination authority follows the reservation criteria established by the government of India. Based on the categorical reservation policy, all India ranks will be provided. The percentage reservations of categories for JEE Main admissions are as follows:
|OBC candidates: 27% reservation|
|SC candidates: 15% reservation|
|ST candidates: 7.5% reservation|
|PwD candidates: 5% reservation|
|GEN-EWS candidates: 10% reservation|
|Women candidates: 5% reservation|
What is the JEE Main Exam Pattern ?
Knowing the JEE Main exam pattern is essential for candidates who want to prepare for JEE in a systematic manner. It assists students in developing a clear understanding of the marking scheme, question distribution, sectional weightage, and exam duration.
The JEE Main exam has a new pattern. There are three papers rather than two. Paper 1 is for students interested in B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, and other GFTIs, while Paper 2A is for B.Arch students. Paper 2B is for these institutes’ B.Planning courses.
JEE Main Paper 1 (B.E or B.Tech Courses)
- Exam Mode: Computer-based offline exam. The students will have to mark their responses on already downloaded answer sheets.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- The Questions will be from topics covered in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- Nature of Questions: Objective-type multiple-choice questions as well as numerical-based questions.
- The paper will have a total of 90 questions with 20 questions in section a and 10 in section b. Candidates can attempt 75 questions (300 marks) with 20 questions in section a and 5 questions in section b for each subject – Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
JEE Main Paper 1 Marking Scheme
- For MCQs, each correct answer will be worth 4 points, while each incorrect answer will be worth 1 point. There are no points awarded for questions that are not attempted.
- The correct answer receives four points under the marking scheme for numerical-based questions. Even incorrect answers are not marked negatively.
Unanswered questions receive no credit.
JEE Main Paper 2A (B.Arch Courses)
- Exam Mode: Offline Exam
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- The questions will be from topics covered in Maths, General Aptitude, and Drawing Skills.
- Mathematics will consist of MCQs and questions for which the answer will be a numerical value. Aptitude will also have MCQs.
- The drawing test will evaluate the sketching and drawing skills.
- Total questions that will be asked in the paper will be 82 out of which students can attempt 77 questions (Mathematics- 25; Aptitude- 50; Drawing- 2).
- Candidates can choose to answer any 5 out of the 10 numerical value-based questions asked in the Mathematics section.
JEE Main Paper 2A Marking Scheme
- In the Maths and Aptitude section, 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer, while 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Drawing questions do not have negative marking.
- For the Drawing test, marks will be assigned based on the candidate’s drawing abilities.
- For each correct response to a Numeric Value question, four points will be awarded. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers or questions that are not attempted.
JEE Main Paper 2B (B.Planning Courses)
- Exam Mode: Computer-based test mode.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- The Questions will be from topics covered in Maths, General Aptitude, and Planning skills.
- Mathematics and Aptitude will have single correct objective type multiple-choice questions. Planning-based questions will also be MCQ type.
- Total questions that will be asked in the paper will be 105 out of which students can attempt 100 questions.
- In this paper also, candidates can choose to answer any 5 out of the 10 numerical value-based questions asked in the Mathematics section.
JEE Main Paper 2B Marking Scheme
- For each correct answer, four points will be awarded, while one point will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
In numerical-based questions, the correct answer will be worth 4 points. There is no negative marking.
What is the JEE Main Syllabus ?
While the JEE Main syllabus is primarily based on NCERT textbooks, the NTA does prescribe a separate syllabus for JEE. It includes subjects taught in the 11th and 12th grades, such as math, physics, and chemistry.
Important Chapters for JEE Main
|Sequence and Series||Determinant and Matrices|
|Definite Integral||Probability Distribution|
|Functions||Limits and Continuity|
|Conic Sections||Application of Derivatives|
|Quadratic Equation||Complex Numbers|
|Binomial Theorem||Area under the Curve|
|Alternating Current||Wave Optics|
|Magnetic Effects of Current||Properties of Matter|
|Bohr’s Atomic Model||Waves and Sound|
|Gaseous and Liquid State||Atomic Structure|
|Chemical Bonding||Surface Chemistry|
|Coordination Compound||D Block Elements|
|Aromatic Compounds||Alkyl Halides|
|P Block Elements||Thermodynamics|
|Isomerism||General Organic Chemistry|
|Carboxylic Acids||Aldehydes and Ketones|
When JEE Main Answer keys Came Out ?
Soon after the examination, the National Testing Agency releases or publishes the set-wise answer keys, which represent the correct answers to all of the JEE Main questions.
How to download JEE Main Answer Keys?
To obtain the answer keys, go to the official link provided by the testing authority. Submit your application number and password, then choose your JEE Main exam date and time slot. The answer keys will be shown. Students can also download it for future use.
When JEE Main Result Came Out ?
Generally the JEE main result came out under 15-20 days after the examinations.
How to Check JEE Main Results?
- Open JEE Main result portal
- Enter your roll number and date of birth
- Click the Submit button.
What Are The JEE Main Cutoff marks ?
Soon after the exam, the National Testing Agency announces the JEE Main cut off marks, as well as detailed results that include subject-wise marks secured, All India Rank, category rank, and JEE Advanced qualifying status.
Candidates are shortlisted for counselling based on the cutoff marks. The following factors will determine the JEE Main cutoff marks.
- The total number of candidates who appeared was
- The level of difficulty of the questions
- The students’ overall performance
- Previous year’s cutoff trends
How to prepare For the JEE Main?
For the majority of students, coursesandcourses coaching classes are regarded as one of the primary means of achieving a high ranking. An aspirant, on the other hand, can achieve their desired result without coaching if they put in a reasonable amount of effort and develop an effective preparation strategy.
Candidates must create a well-organized study plan. Furthermore, they must take a calculated approach to everything. They must learn about the exam, read the syllabus, use the proper study materials, practise answering questions, and so on.